Truckee SDA Church
Join us in Truckee, CA! This will be a skill learning mission trip in which you will learn restoration skills while you help further the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist church in Truckee. We will also support the Sabbath worship service and enjoy excursions to Lake Tahoe and other natural beauty nearby.
Truckee SDA Church
Wednesday, September 13, 202310:15 AM
Saturday, September 16, 202311:15 AM
Truckee SDA church11662 Hope CourtTruckee, CA, 96161United States (map)
WHEN: September 13 - September 16, 2023
WHERE: Truckee, California
COST: Registration is $300
Three vegetarian/vegan meals (if you have food allergies or specific dietary needs, please let us know)
Local housing during the project
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Restore the church facilities by helping to paint and clean up around the church.
2. Do landscaping and tree work.
3. Volunteers will learn practical skills as they handle various responsibilities in the restoration of the church facilities.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive September 13th.
Departure: Please plan to depart on September 16th in the evening.
Closest Major Airport: Reno airport (RNO)
We will be staying at the school. No linens are provided. Please bring your own linens and sleeping bag.
WEATHER: The weather will be in the high 80's in the day and mid 60's at night.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible (Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight back pack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Dress shirts, slacks, and shoes (men) for church*
• Dresses, skirts/blouses, and shoes (women) for church*
• Swimming suits (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Sheets and sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
More about the project...
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:45 AM Start Work
1:00 PM Lunch
2:00 PM Continue Work
5:30 PM Dinner
7:00 PM Worship/Team-building
8:00 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out