San Bernardino, California
Not everyone is able to have their own garden, but how about creating a community garden? BRI is partnering with The Lighted Garden Ministry to help them with their mission to create/plant beautiful, sustainable gardens in urban neighborhoods. You will be able to help start this garden and then take the skills to your neighborhood or home and continue the blessing.
This is such a unique and awesome opportunity you won’t want to miss it.
San Bernardino, California
Sunday, August 13, 20239:30 AM
Friday, August 18, 202312:10 PM
San Bernardino, California (map)
WHEN: August 13 - August 18, 2023
WHERE: San Bernardino, California
Three vegetarian/vegan meals (if you have food allergies or specific dietary needs, please let us know)
Local housing during the project
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Build a community garden from the ground up.
2. Do landscaping.
3. Volunteers will learn practical skills they can take home to start more gardens as they handle various responsibilities.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive Sunday, August 13th in the morning.
Departure: Please plan to depart on Thursday, August 17 in the evening or Friday, August 18th in the morning.
Closest Major Airport: Ontario International Airport
We will be staying at the church. No linens are provided. Please bring your own linens and sleeping bag, air mattress or sleeping pad.
WEATHER: The weather will be in the high 90's-100’s in the day and mid 60's at night.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible (Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight back pack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Swimming suits (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Sheets and sleeping bag, air matress or sleeping pad
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
More about the project...
6:30 AM Breakfast
7:00 AM - 11:00AM Work in the Garden
11:30 AM Lunch
12:00 PM Recreational Time
4:30 PM Worship
5:30 PM Dinner
6:00 PM - 8:30 Work in the Garden
10:00 PM Lights Out