Join us for the 5th annual mission trip to Mexicali, Mexico. This will be an unforgettable experience. We will participate in a church building project, evangelism, and community outreach.
Each year a different church and community in Mexicali is impacted by BRI efforts. Be a part of a lasting impact this year!
2023 Mexicali, Mexico Mission Trip
Sunday, November 19, 202312:15 PM
Sunday, November 26, 20231:15 PM
WHEN: Sunday November 19 – Sunday November 26, 2023
WHERE: Mexicali, Mexico
COST: $680 per person + Flights or transportation
Local housing during the project
Three vegetarian meals (if you have food allergies or specific dietary needs, please let us know)
Mission Trip T-shirt
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Help renovate and restore a local church.
2. Provide an evangelistic series for community.
3. Teach health programs for the community.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive on Sunday evening, November 19th
Departure: Please plan to depart on Sunday morning, November 26th.
Closest International airport: Tijuana, Mexico (TIJ) airport is about 100 miles from Mexicali. There are several smaller airports closer by including one in Mexicali (MXL).
We will be staying at a house in Mexicali near the church project. No linens are provided. Please bring your own linens and/or sleeping bag.
The weather will be in the high 80's in the day and mid 60's at night
We will visit local sights and attractions. You don’t want to miss it!
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible(Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight back pack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Small flashlight
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
• Charcoal tablets
• Wet wipes and or toilet paper
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; (long-sleeved shirts prefered)
• Water bottle (Refillable)
• Good quality work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Dress shirts, slacks, and shoes (men) for church*
• Dresses, skirts/blouses, and shoes (women) for church*
• Swimming suits (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun, needs to cover your neck)
• Sheets and blanket and/or a light sleeping bag
• Small pillow
• Shower towel and wash cloth
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:30 AM Start Work
1:00 PM Lunch
2:00 PM Continue Work
5:00 PM Dinner
6:00PM Leave for evening seminars
9:00 PM Worship/Team-building/debrief
10:00 PM Lights Out